You're new Go-To Quinoa Recipe
Hello beautiful friends! Today's post will be short and sweet but, hopefully super helpful when you've got a lot on your plate. I've got a new recipe for you that is perfect to make ahead and eat throughout the week! It's a quick and simple plant-based protein packed option for a busy week night meals. Who here loves quinoa? I do I do!
Why? I'm so glad you asked!
- It's an awesome plant-based complete protein (8 grams per cup)
- Cooks in 15 minutes
- It's packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- Naturally gluten-free
- High in fiber (5 grams per cup) so its super filling
- It's Low glycemic index so it's great for keeping blood sugar stable unlike white rice or pasta
Is quinoa part of your diet? If not, you absolutely have to give it a try!
Quinoa is my go-to grain because it is so quick to make, super nutritious and very filling. It's also incredibly versatile. I use it as a side for shrimp or fish, in stuffed veggies (I love stuffed acorn squash this time of year), as a substitute for white rice and pasta and it can be used as a full fledge entrée.
I love that I can make a huge pot of quinoa and use it in different ways throughout the week. To make life even easier you can make quinoa in your rice cooker...can't get simpler than that!
This recipe is one of my favorites because it spices up quinoa, but barely adds any work to your dinner routine. John and I had this the other night and paired it with spicy shrimp and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. YUM!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful of chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa then add to pot with water
- Bring water to a boil then simmer on low for 15 minutes
- Allow quinoa to rest for a few minutes and then fluff with a fork
- Mix in almonds, EVOO, parsley and salt to taste
- Serve warm or cold
Are you a quinoa fan? Give this recipe a try tonight and let me know what you think!!