This salad is so simple and SO DELICIOUS! First of all, I am not a huge mango person. I have the hardest time cutting them (why is the core always in a different place?). If you have a mango cutting trick send it my way! I also seem to always try and eat them when they aren't ripe or over ripe. Anyways...I will be buying them and working on my mango skills more often just to make this salad!
With just a few ingredients you can toss this together and it tastes like something you get out at a restaurant. It's sweet, tangy, salty, tart, crunchy and soft.
This recipe is inspired after seeing this YouTube video, which didn't give a recipe so I knew I had to recreate.
- 1 Mango (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled or not - your preference then sliced into thin strips)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 TBSP Tamari
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Chop veggies and add to 1 large bowl
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir to combine
- Top veggies with dressing and toss to combine
- Tastes best when nice and cold so refrigerate before serving if not eating right away.
- Keeps in an air tight container for 3-5 days
*Up the protein to make this a full meal by adding 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
Want more healthy recipe inspiration? Download my 7 day whole foods meal plan which has 13 delicious and healthy recipes for you to try!
Click the image below to download now!